The Pet Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun, interactive and informative forum for all pet owners!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I think my bunny might be pregnant?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mo
Infant
Infant
mo

Pets : 10

I think my bunny might be pregnant? Empty
PostSubject: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:07 am

She's experiencing these symptoms;

Cranky behaviour
Lumpy tummy

And there's this weird one that probably isn't even related, but she keeps digging at her cage, which she's never done before... ever.

If she is pregnant, what do I do!!! albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
MrHelpful
Member Of The Month
Member Of The Month
MrHelpful

Pets : 3

PostSubject: Re: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 pm

How old is your rabbit? Only rabbits that are 4 -4.5 months old can be sexually active.
Has she come in contact with any bucks lately?
However, false pregnancy is very common in rabbits because of hormonal fluctuations , so it would be best for you to have a quick check-up with your local veterinarian.

The cranky behaviour you have mentioned is associated with rabbit pregnancy, she may growl or get annoyed by your contact.

The digging at the cage is also a symptom of pregnancy, this is the start of nesting, your rabbit may also pull out fur.

This is a lucky occurrence that your are noticing signs, because in some cases, rabbits do not exhibit any symptoms until a few minutes for your rabbit is ready to kindle.

This pregnancy may last for 30-32 days, however when you feel the birthing period is over, or she is simply ready, I recommend going to your vet for help. If you notice she is still pregnant exceeding the time period, the litter may actually be experiencing major health issues, please go to the vet ASAP in this occurrence.

When you have guaranteed and have received a positive result from your veterinarian, please contact me for further assistance. However, if for any reason you cannot go to the clinic at any time during the birthing period, please once again, contact me for further assistance.

~MrHelpful

Last edited by MrHelpful on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mo
Infant
Infant
mo

PostSubject: Re: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:14 am

MrHelpful wrote:
How old is your rabbit? Only rabbits that are 4 -4.5 months old can be sexually active.
Has she come in contact with any bucks lately?
However, false pregnancy is very common in rabbits because of hormonal fluctuations , so it would be best for you to have a quick check-up with your local veterinarian.

The cranky behaviour you have mentioned is associated with rabbit pregnancy, she may growl or get annoyed by your contact.

The digging at the cage is also a symptom of pregnancy, this is the start of nesting, your rabbit may also pull out fur.

This is a lucky occurrence that your are noticing signs, because in some cases, rabbits do not exhibit any symptoms until a few minutes for your rabbit is ready to kindle.

This pregnancy may last for 30-32 days, however when you feel the birthing period is over, or she is simply ready, I recommend going to your vet for help. If you notice she is still pregnant exceeding the time period, the litter may actually be experiencing major health issues, please go to the vet ASAP in this occurrence.

When you have guaranteed and have received a positive quota from your veterinarian, please contact me for further assistance. However, if for any reason you cannot go to the clinic at any time during the birthing period, please once again, contact me for further assistance.

~MrHelpful

Jilly is about 10 months old, I believe. And since she's a family pet I don't really have any control over her, but my younger sister thought it would be a great idea to have Jilly and her friends male rabbit have a playdate and then leave them unattended. I only found out they did this about two hours later...

I'll take her to the veterinarian tomorrow, I'll let you know what happens next. geek geek
Back to top Go down
PuppyPrism
Kiddy
Kiddy
PuppyPrism

Pets : 5

PostSubject: Re: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Has it been approved yet?
Back to top Go down
PuppyPrism
Kiddy
Kiddy
PuppyPrism

PostSubject: Re: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Update! Update!
Back to top Go down
George
Infant
Infant
George

PostSubject: Re: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? EmptySat May 16, 2015 8:39 pm

what happened?
Back to top Go down
mo
Infant
Infant
mo

PostSubject: Re: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:39 am

George wrote:
what happened?
@George

She was pregnant and ended up having 6 kits which is an exceptionally large litter for her breed!

I think my bunny might be pregnant? Ezgif-10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think my bunny might be pregnant?   I think my bunny might be pregnant? Empty

Back to top Go down

I think my bunny might be pregnant?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pet Palace :: Rabbits :: Rabbit Pregnancy Care-
Jump to: