The Pet Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun, interactive and informative forum for all pet owners!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best food for a puppy?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PuppyPrism
Kiddy
Kiddy
PuppyPrism

Pets : 5

Best food for a puppy? Empty
PostSubject: Best food for a puppy?   Best food for a puppy? EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:28 pm

I got my puppy Diamond, a week ago, and I currently have her on the same food as the breeders which is Purina Puppy Chow

But should I keep her eating that or should I change to something else?

Thanks! afro
Back to top Go down
MrHelpful
Member Of The Month
Member Of The Month
MrHelpful

Pets : 3

PostSubject: Re: Best food for a puppy?   Best food for a puppy? EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi, PuppyPrism!

Purina Puppy Chow is one of the worst puppy food brands because of the high content of corn and "mystery" meat. At least, in my opinion that is.

I strongly recommend Acana - All Life Stages - Small & Large Breed - which comes in various flavors & variants. The process for switching her daily food is quite simple.
Because Diamond should be eating either three or four times a day, mix a day's worth of food and then divide it into equal amounts for the scheduled feedings. For the first two to three days, mix 75 percent of the Puppy Chow with 25 percent of the new food. For the next two to three days, include equal portions of both foods. For the next two to three days, mix 25 percent old food with 75 percent new food. Then your pup should be ready to continue with only, without any diarrhea, vomiting or indigestion issues.

Please PM me if you have any more questions, ponder my food selection or my method is unsuccessful.

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Teeny
Administrator
Teeny

Pets : 3

PostSubject: Re: Best food for a puppy?   Best food for a puppy? EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:33 pm

^^^^
I agree, Another good brand to try would be Enkanuba or Science Selective. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCak0eNHlqjwEaA5L7pVAsdQ?
PuppyPrism
Kiddy
Kiddy
PuppyPrism

Pets : 5

PostSubject: Re: Best food for a puppy?   Best food for a puppy? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks! I didn't know the Puppy Chow was bad! :O I'll switch to the Acana, because we have that at our pet store...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best food for a puppy?   Best food for a puppy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best food for a puppy?
Page 1 of 1