The Pet Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun, interactive and informative forum for all pet owners!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My friend never cleans her cage? :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkSpyro
Infant
Infant
DarkSpyro

Pets : 17

My friend never cleans her cage? :( Empty
PostSubject: My friend never cleans her cage? :(   My friend never cleans her cage? :( EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 2:47 am

my friend has had her hamster for like 3 months now, but she tells me she only cleans it like every month. she says it doesn't get stinky. she says she only takes out the bedding every month, and just cleans poop out of the tubes when they get filled. her cage is really big though. she never replaces the water unless her hamster drinks it all. Rolling Eyes and i don't think she cleans the food bowls.

she also always grabs her hamster by the legs Evil or Very Mad

what do i tell her to stop? help me and her ham
Back to top Go down
MerlinHammie
Admin
Admin
MerlinHammie

Pets : 3

PostSubject: Re: My friend never cleans her cage? :(   My friend never cleans her cage? :( EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:16 am

So, this is how it works: The bigger a hamster cage the less it needs to be cleaned... so if her cage is above 360sq inches, then it should be fine cleaning it just once a month, for example I only clean my cage every 3-4 weeks. However this is only if she spot cleans her cage. Now the water bottle needs to be cleaned every other day, or every day. Why? Well, would you drink water that was in a cup in a room, for 4 days? Exactly! The food bowl only needs to be cleaned whenever she refills it. Now grabbing her hamster by the leg is a big problem.... by doing this she could harm her hamster, seriously harm her hamster. The correct way would be to let the hamster walk to her hands. 

Hope this Helps!
Back to top Go down
DarkSpyro
Infant
Infant
DarkSpyro

Pets : 17

PostSubject: Re: My friend never cleans her cage? :(   My friend never cleans her cage? :( EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 1:03 pm

she also grabs her by the tummy

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
PuppyPrism
Kiddy
Kiddy
PuppyPrism

Pets : 5

PostSubject: Re: My friend never cleans her cage? :(   My friend never cleans her cage? :( EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 1:51 pm

You should show her MerlinHammies reply...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My friend never cleans her cage? :(   My friend never cleans her cage? :( Empty

Back to top Go down

My friend never cleans her cage? :(
Page 1 of 1